Thursday, March 19, 2009

Power of the Mind

You need to know that being fit is not nearly so difficult as the
"experts" would have you believe.

That makes it tough for me to "pitch" health.

Everyone thinks I am selling snake oil when I begin to say how easy
something is.

I suppose I should clarify a bit.

The process, the parts of the plan, the details that need to be
observed. That is the easy part.

The part that takes the most effort is overcoming the roadblocks.

The derailments, distractions, old habits or patterns we've all
allowed ourselves to become comfortable with. In short, our brain!

THAT is where the most effort goes. Not in the activity (because
it's fun, right?), not in the planning, not in the food to eat.

It's in the consistent application of your energy to better our
physical, and I would argue, mental state.

This is a short one, but think about it. It's a good one to mull over.

But not for long!

No comments: