Monday, December 8, 2008

Hiatus

Why do we fall off

There are many reasons why we fall off our routines. The point I am making today is that it is normal. It's not a control problem, impulse issues or a chemical imbalance. It's just what we, as humans, do. We get distracted.

Oh look, a shiny object...

Wait, what,... oh yeah

Getting back to it

What is important is why we are doing something. If it is highly motivational it is more likely that you are going to get back to it.

I am not going to get all preachy as to what the best motivation is. It's none of my business frankly. But you had better know what it is and be firm. It is the one (or three) thing(s) that will get you moving every time.

To quote "Fast Times at Ridgemount High" - Learn it, love it, live it.

3 days grace

So as it turns out 3 days grace is what you have. If the pause goes on longer than that it is much less likely that you will get back to it anytime soon.

That's the brain for you. It picks a number and that is that. So use this to your advantage. If you ever drop off for a moment be sure to resume activities within 3 days.

Sure there are good reasons for longer then accept it and prepare to get started again.

I stopped for about two weeks (and I am glad no one called me on it) but I have been itching to get back to it. I love to do this so it was a great motivator. So I am back. For better or worse. Ok, stop laughing...

What do you need to do today

So what have you been missing out on? What do you need to do today to get you back on track, or started for that matter? What is going to motivate you every day!?!

If I could do anything today, I hope it is to motivate someone to action. Get it done.

Get at it people. Time waits for no one!

In health,

Todd

No comments: